Monday, September 20, 2010

Rain, Sun, Pie.


















Rain then Sun
38" x 38"
Woodblock print, acrylic, oil, cold wax, spray paint, moab earth
In Process


One of the hardest things for me about mountain biking in the rain is how hard it is to see through all the rain drops on your glasses. Mountain biking is really hard enough without visibility problems, but there you have it. This painting reminds me of my first rainy mountain bike ride, which I had recently. Rain, then Sun.

Moab dirt all over my studio, spray paint on my scissors and paint on just about everything else. Whew! Painting fueled by cherry pie. This is what happens. I know this piece will not stay where it is for long, because I am very unsettled with it, but I wanted to share the whimsical quality it has right now before I work any more on it. Oh and what did I learn today? I can print my woodblocks directly on a primed and stretched canvas, and $10 a can spray paint is kinda worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment