Friday, July 31, 2009

"Splash (2)"
Acrylic on Paper
38" x 48"


This is today.
The most recent version of "Splash".
Even though I do not yet have everything on my shopping list from my meeting with Helen, I was able to play around with her color wheel palette idea - well not perfectly, but in my very own "work with what I have" kind of way. Shopping around for the best deals on paint is very time-consuming! I don't even want to think about how much money I spent on stretchers yesterday! It is ok. It is ok. It really is. I actually just sold several pieces, in perfect time. I love the Universe. Thank you. One million, perpetual, thank yous.

In addition to limiting my palette, I tried to focus on the idea of "Splash" flowing through my body, as opposed to my mind/subconscious. This is a very intense way to paint (where do we store emotions in our body?), and I actually had to stop and cry at one point. Don't tell anyone.


Splash (2)
Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment