Thursday, October 1, 2009

Listen

Listen Form 2
Oil and Cold Wax on Paper

18 x 24






















Listen Form
Oil and Cold Wax on Paper
18 x 24




















Today marks the half-way point of my first semester of graduate school, and my Mother's 87th birthday. It is also the first day of a new chapter of my life.

I had another really good meeting with Helen today, that filled me with renewed inspiration.
These two pieces represent my continuing experiments with abstraction. As I strive to create form, depth, atmosphere, emotion and resonating color that communicates, within a work without pictures, I meet questions of time, materials and scale. I sit with these questions and they bring their friends along. I will hold the intention of energy, gesture, radical honesty, and spontaneous response throughout the journey of each piece. I will let the painting take as long as it needs to. I will keep looking. I will listen.

My Practice, My Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment