Tuesday, April 6, 2010

More.

Sea Sky
oil and cold wax on canvas
30" x 44"













Clouds
oil and cold wax on canvas
30" x 44"


These are the two larger pieces from the funnel series that I am continuing to re-work. I have stopped thinking of them in a series because I don't have a space large enough to look at the whole series together comfortably. It is ok - they may still work together in the end somehow - it will be fun to see! I am enjoying my continuing experimentation with a primary pallete with no white, and using masking with some glazing to contrast the more organic waxy surface that began the funnel series. The orange shape at the top of "Sea Sky" is going to have to go, because it distracts me, but it also reminds of a bird, so I am letting it sit (fly!) for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment