Saturday, April 24, 2010

SO chatty...

The most incredible thing about graduate school so far, is that I am actually working on paintings for so very long. My conversation with this painting has been continuing, in some form or another, for longer than I have been in the program - so over one year. That is amazing to me, because it is not something I could have ever predicted of myself, having always self-identified as a very fast and prolific painter. I am going to be quiet with it, one way or the other, by the end of this semester. If it tries to engage me any longer than that, I think it will just have to be in another form - collage? Compost?

2 comments:

  1. Janet I feel the same way, I am working on pieces for much longer than I ever did. Trying to disect every stroke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is your speed bump on the freeway of creativity. In the south, they call them speed wumps.

    ReplyDelete